Skilled Independent Visas

Skilled Independent Visas

You’ve worked hard to build your skills, and now you’re ready to take the next step in your career in Australia. Our migration agents in Sydney and Melbourne will handle your visa from start to finish, so your application process is easy and stress-free. We’ll help you navigate the complex requirements of skilled independent visas, making working and living in Australia simpler than ever.

Live in Australia. Work where you choose

Is a Skilled Independent Visa right for me?

To successfully apply for a skilled independent visa, you will need to score above a certain number of points in the general skilled migration points test. The exact amount of points you’ll need can vary, but we’ll be able to give you a good idea of where you stand.

You’ll score more points towards a skilled independent visa if you:

  • Have extensive work experience, especially if at least 1 year of that experience is in Australia
  • Are under 45 years of age
  • Speak English at a proficient level, or better. This means a IELTS score of 7+ in each band, or equivalent.
  • Have a recognized qualification. If your qualification is from Australia, that’s even better.
  • Have a partner who is under 50, and speaks English at a competent level or higher

If you don’t meet many of these criteria, but are currently employed by an Australian business, then consider applying for a sponsored work visa.

Popular Visas

189 Visa

Stay and work in Australia permanently with a 189 visa. Our immigration lawyers will help you identify an occupation from the skilled occupation lists that fit your skills, and make sure you’re in the best position to be selected.

Learn more

190 Visa

A 190 visa will let you move to Australia permanently. To get this visa, you’ll need to apply for nomination by a State or Territory government. Understanding each state’s different requirements can become complex, but we will ensure you understand and fulfil all requirements to get selected.

Learn more

491 Visa

Work in a regional area and move to Australia permanently with a 491 visa. You’ll need to live and work in rural regions for at least four years to stay in Australia. The 491 also requires a nomination from a State or Territory government, or sponsorship by a relative in a regional area.

Learn more

About us

PocketLegal is a migration specialist law firm managing all aspects of the Australian immigration process from beginning to end.

If you need assistance with visa applications, sponsoring staff members, AAT Appeals, FCC hearings, or any other migration related issue then book in a time to speak with one of our experts.

Book a Consultation